Sometimes a young man might not always find a girl his own age as attractive as some of the prime meat on offer.
There could be numerous reasons for this and, believe it or not, it’s not always about the sex.
If you’re attracted to older women you need to seriously up your game – drinks at a grotty man pub and some £4.99 supermarket flowers will be met with disdain.
- If you’ve asked her out to dinner do not turn up with a coupon cut out of the local gazette offering a two for one deal at Wetherspoons. Stingy will never be sexy.
- If she’s taking you out for dinner make sure your table manners are up to scratch. Don’t start without her (ahem), don’t talk with your mouth full of food and never be rude to the waiter. And we’ve all seen that idiot who picks his plate up and actually starts to lick it. Don’t be that guy.
- Boys, a cougar has class. Think the theatre, the Booker prize and long country walks. If all you want to do is talk about X Factor and burp the alphabet you’ve got the wrong girl.
- Don’t bore her with your money worries – yes, she has more than you and, yes, she’s spent a lot of it in Agent Provocateur so just tell her how beautiful she is.
- Don’t show her those pics of your ‘hilarious’ lads’ nights out. Unless you actually want her to perv over your fitter mates.
- Don’t worry about having female friends/talking about your ex. As a rule she’s confident enough not to give a damn. Or just sees you as a walking sex toy anyway.
- Don’t be surprised if her gay best friend comes on to you. He just wants to test the merchandise.
- Be fun This means being able to make her laugh, feel gorgeous and like the centre of attention at all times.
- Be fit. It’s not quick or easy but then it’s not quicker or easy for her to have such great hair, make-up and style.
- Be considerate and open-minded in bed. Let’s be real here, a lot of it is about the sex. A young man thinks an older woman is sexually experienced, so make the most of it.
Let’s just hope she wasn’t married to Mr Missionary for 20 years…