Not everyone will admit it publicly, but there are a lot of smiles and happy faces this morning with the realization that Brazil is out of the World Cup tournament. Those grins are even greater given the way Brazil were annihilated 7-1 by Germany in front of hundreds of millions of TV viewers worldwide.
Here are the 5 reasons why I’m glad Brazil is out of the tournament:
1. They played nowhere near as well as people expected.
2. Their football was anti-Brazil.
3. Brazil players and fans were too cocky.
4. What’s with all the crying?
5. The Brazil team papered over the cracks in the country and in FIFA.