Have you thanked God for your eyes today?
Luke 17 tells a sad story. Jesus healed ten people of the dreaded disease leprosy. Only one of the healed people returned to show gratitude, to say thank you.
Often we are so busy or self-centered that we fail to thank God for our friends and families, the food we eat, the talents we have, and the amazing gift of salvation.
Earlier today while looking for a photo to use in another blog post, I discovered this picture of a sunflower and a probing question, “Have you thanked God for your eyes today?” I had not.
So I thanked God.
Here is a prayer list to assist you in thanking God for the blessings in your life and for the painful things that we would rather avoid.
- Thank God for the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ so that we could have the gift of salvation.
- Thank God for the Bible to guide your steps.
- Thank God for your life, the good times and the bad times, and the trials that you’ve had to endure.
- Thank God for the family, friends, coworkers and church members that He has brought into your life.
- Thank God for opportunities to serve Him.
- Thank God for the air you breath, the food you eat, and the place that you live.
- Thank God for teachers and education.
- Thank God for the spiritual gifts and talents that he has given you.
- Thank God for your health and the ability to see, hear, taste and touch things.