Originally posted on Hard Talk Kenya:
· Caution: – a) A concerned Kenyan, Michael Orende, wrote an interesting letter to the Standard (Monday, June 15, 2015).
· Orende said: “I was astounded by the strength of the newly found unity and solidarity among women in this country on Parliament’s decision to reject Dr. Monica Juma’s appointment as Secretary to the Cabinet.
· I find their arguments very outrageous and shocking given that the MPs’ rejection of Dr. Juma was based on her conduct and not her qualifications.
· That is a public office meant to serve the public and the MPs are the representatives of the public. Now, if they should be shunned off like that, one can imagine how a regular (read ordinary) citizen can be handled.
· Why do women have this tendency to marshal numbers rallying for support whenever something happens to an individual woman? The same happened when Rachel Shebesh was slapped…
View original 1,208 more words